Camunda – business process management
Camunda BPM (business process management) – light, high-performance, open platform for managing business processes based on BPMN 2.0, DMN 1.1 and CMMN 1.1 standards.
Camunda BPM is an ideal BPM solution for software development for companies. It ensures effective alignment of business needs and IT standards in projects which require organized, multi-step workflows or tasks, integration of multiple systems, using dynamic business rules, or data processing automation.
Typical use cases for Camunda BPM:
- Business processes at financial institutions – Straight-Through Processing (STP)
- Workflow management – Human Workflow Management
- Case and event management – (Dynamic) Case Management
- Business Rule Automation
Modules and functionalities
Process modeling • Camunda Modeler
Available as a web app and desktop app (stand-alone), the visual process workflow modeler Camunda Modeler makes it possible to create process diagrams in the BPMN 2.0 standard and decision tables according to DMN 1.1.
Process implementation • Camunda BPM Core Engine
High-performance and fully scalable Camunda BPM Core Engine – runtime engine for BPMN, CMMN and DMN processes – works on any Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and makes it possible to translate process models into a functioning business application.
Process support • Camunda Tasklist
The easy-to-use and highly configurable Camunda Tasklist enables end users to quickly and efficiently work on tasks assigned to them.
Reporting and monitoring • Camunda Cockpit
Camunda Cockpit makes it possible to analyze and monitor results, KPI reports and business processes in real time, also through a web application.
Altkom Software & Consulting has an experienced team of over 30 Camunda BPM experts, including process analysts, process developers, IT architects and testers, and over 3 years of experience in implementations based on that technology.
Digital Product Center System
We have chosen the Camunda technology to build the Digital Product Center system, awarded by the “Gazeta Bankowa” monthly with the recommendation “HIT of the Year 2017”. The system is a process platform for selling banking products and supporting customer-facing services through electronic channels, such as website, online & mobile banking, call center and IVR.
Digital Product Center has been implemented at the BGŻ BNP Paribas SA Group in Poland, where it supports the processes of selling fixed-term and investment deposits, savings and current accounts, debit and payment cards and cash loans, as part of onboarding processes for the Bank’s new customers and x-sell processes for its existing customers.
As part of the implementation, Camunda BPM supports 20 main sales or support processes with references to 30 subprocesses.
The implementation included all the system functionalities, i.e.: Camunda BPM Core Engine using Camunda Modeler, Camunda Tasklist and Camunda Cockpit.
The Altkom Software & Consulting team has developed a set of dedicated extensions (plugins) for Camunda BPM platform, offering users additional functions and improvements.
Selected Camunda BPM extensions developed by ASC:
- Search a process by business parameters (simple filters)
- Search a process by business parameters (advanced filters)
- Search results / presentation in tiles (aggregated view)
- Search results / presentation in tiles (detailed view)
- Preview of business data – thematic blocks
- Event flow on business process (diagram with the flow line)
- Process history / all activities, their types, times, message preview, and persons performing the activities (for manual activities) (timeline – visual view)
- Process flow reports – template wizard
- Process flow reports – data generator – possibility of exporting to csv/xlsx files and other functions dedicated for online selling of financial products